Clinical: Influenza. Intermittents.
Characteristics: This is a popular Californian remedy. It is indicated in intermittents of most severe type of hot countries; general sore, bruised feeling, nausea and retching, the skin becomes wrinkled like a washerwoman's. It was proved by Dr. Richter, who experienced the following among other symptoms: Head feels congested. Scalp tight; feels as if drawn together by indiarubber. Stitches, pain, buzzing and roaring in ears. Constipation, hard, knotty stools. Chills repeatedly down back < in bed, at night. Sleeplessness. After the proving, a cold wind could be borne better than before.
2. head: Head feels congested. Pressive pains in forehead. Scalp feels tight, as if drawn together with indiarubber.
3. eyes: Burning in eyes, first l. then r.
4. ears: Piercing or stitches in ears. Increased buzzing and roaring.
8. mouth: Spitting of white mucus, with trembling and nervousness.
11. stomach: Increased appetite. Eructations. Regurgitations. Water-brash.
12. abdomen: Flatus. Slight pain > by pressure.
13. stool and anus: Several loose stools a day. Constipation. Hard, knotty, morning stool.
18. chest: It alleviated a catarrh produced by influenza.
24. generalities: That kind of pain in head and fingers which is concomitant with the attacks of intermittent fever.
26. sleep: Sleeplessness (from 1st trit.).
27. fever: Chills repeatedly, down the spine and all over, esp. in bed at night. Heat in whole body; I could bear, after the proving, the cool trade wind, usually setting in, in San Francisco, in the afternoon, better than before.