Clinical: Cramps. Headache. Herpes zoster. Paralysis. Pemphigus. Sciatica. Trismus.
Characteristics: The effects of Carboneum oxygenisatumCarbn-o. have been noted in persons poisoned by the gas. It produces a state like intoxication. The person is confused, stupid. There is loss of consciousness. Anaesthesia, but the slightest touch with a hot iron recalls sensibility. Convulsions and cramps. Great sleepiness lasting for several days; interrupted by cramps in cheeks and toes. Great coldness of surface, hands icy cold. Marked > of symptoms, especially of chest, in open air.
1. mind: Depressed: stupid; apathetic. Anxiety, with desire for air but too paralysed to seek it.
2. head: Vertigo; inclination to turn in a circle. Headache, violent, persistent, with throbbing in temporal arteries. Frontal headache which extends over the whole head, but chiefly felt in forehead, which seems pushed out. Weight; throbbing; compression; sticking headache.
3. eyes: Eyes protrude; sight dim with vertigo, and fluttering and flickering before sight.
4. ears: Roaring in ears.
6. face: Trismus; jaws firmly clenched.
8. mouth: Paralysis of tongue.
11. stomach: Stomach so irritable that everything eaten was immediately vomited.
13. stool: Involuntary evacuations.
14. urinary organs: Paralysis of bladder. Urine contains sugar.
17. respiratory organs: Rattling of mucus in air-passages. Bloody mucus raised. Expired air feels cool to back of observer's hand. Breathing stertorous, slow. Sense of suffocation.
19. heart: Intolerable pain in region of heart. Violent palpitation.
20. back: Burning pain at right scapula.
23. lower limbs: Shooting pains in r. natis and down sciatic nerve to foot, not < by pressure or movement.
25. skin: Whole skin covered with large and small vesicles of pemphigus. Purple maculation of skin. Herpes zoster l. side of face along branches of trigeminus.
26. sleep: Great sleepiness for several days. Never slept so long before. Sleep deep, prolonged, interrupted by cramps in cheeks and toes.